SSR at Jersey Water Works Conference-Dec. 9-11
Wynnie-Fred Victor Hinds was one of the panelists at the Sixth Annual Jersey Water Works Conference-Virtual, on Friday, December 11th at 11:00 am
Workshop Link: Using Data to Build Trust in Our Water Systems
How do we get it right?
How do we use data to build trust and support for our water systems while improving performance? Despite the many advances in water treatment and sanitation systems and their successes, trust in these systems can seem fragile. It is important to build trust in water systems to help generate community support for much-needed investments in them. Trust building starts with sharing information and data between utilities and the communities they serve. In this workshop, we will have a facilitated discussion exploring the power of data and also the risks. Speakers will share what NJ residents know and think about their water systems, examples of successful water dashboards, evolving state requirements for data, and a demo of Jersey WaterCheck—Jersey Water Work’s new data dashboard.
– Stephanie CorsoCEO, Rogue Water, LLC; Co-Executive Director, Rogue Water Lab (Moderator)
– Stephen BlankenshipExecutive Director/Chief Engineer, Hamilton Township Municipal Utilities Authority
– Shadi EskafResearch Director, Environmental Finance Center, The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
– Dan Van AbsAssociate Professor of Professional Practice for Water, Society & Environment at Rutgers University, School of Environmental and Biological Sciences
– Wynnie-Fred Victor HindsCo-chair, Newark Environmental Commission